Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Proper Blog Entry

I haven’t written a “proper” blog entry in a long time. Now, however, I do have some random thoughts to share.

1. Instant coffee turns out to be a pretty good replacement for the badly Nessa-made normal one.

2. My friend Dan has been writing quite a lot lately. I have been reading his blog and it's brilliant. Read, enjoy, learn, get informed. Thank you, Dan.

3. London got pretty cold and I don’t have a hat that fits me well yet. I am also systematically afraid that getting a hat might ruin the effects of my newly-acquired professional hair-dryer.

4. Lack of sleep is not good. Unless it happens for a good reason.

5. I decided to spend my New Year’s Eve in Venice and booked the flights already. All I have to do now is inform my parents of my brilliant decision and make them cope with the fact that I will fly low-cost, low-safety, and won’t be home for a week or so. Because I didn’t tell them in advance, I feel adventurous and I am happy about it.

6. I took out about 8 books from the library, for an essay, and read none of them. I like their smell, though.

7. I think it’s worth working for Oliver Wyman primarily because they give you umbrellas and bottle-openers when you go for their company presentations. This clearly shows that they have a vision of what’s important in life, especially when in London. P&G comes second, with their free detergent and free electrical toothbrushes. They have a vision as well, emphasizing the necessary…which should never be placed ahead of the important. Uhm… I also rank them second because I was too shy to get one of those free noisy toothbrushes and I’ve thought about them ever since.

8. I don’t understand why everyone is so excited about the last James Bond movie. I regarded it as plain and unsalty.

9. Body lotion doesn’t have the moisturizing properties of hand cream.

10. I have been discussing the fact that “group dynamics shapes the outcome of foreign policy decision-making, especially in the situation of a crisis” for the last week or so. And I still haven’t finished.

11. It’s my name day on the 6th. Buy me presents.


I love you all, most of the times,


Nessa

No comments: